Thank you for visiting.
I’m looking forward to 2017 and trying to do all I can to make this a good year. For me ‘good’ means lots of reading and writing along with lots of learning and growing. This website is my way of trying to keep track of all that.
I’ve worked out 17 habits/rituals that I hope will see me through this year:
- No stress, no guilt
- Do my best and let go
- Meditate (Using Insight Timer)
- Read (at least 30 min daily)
- Swim (try for 20 laps weekly)
- Write (Using Magic Spreadsheet for accountability and motivation)
- Yoga (hoping WoYoPracMo in January will start me off right)
- Focus, Don’t Multitask
- No electronics after 10pm
- Morning pages (Using 750 Words)
- Walk 10,000 steps (Using Fitbit, Walking4Fun, Zombies! Run to keep me moving. Yes, I finding this difficult!)
- Set 3 ‘it will be a great day if I accomplish this’ goals daily
- Record 3 things I am grateful for every night
- Note something I could do better
- Daily Dog Time
- Daily time with my turtles, fish and plants
- Daily free time
It sounds like a lot. But these are all things that are important to me right now. And while some of my targets look laughably low (only reading 30 minutes a day?) I’m hoping this will make sure I get at least 30 minutes of reading every day!
If you have any comments, it’s easiest to reach me at my Facebook Author page (the link is at the top right of this page) I look forward to hearing your plans for the year and any comments on my books and I hope you all have a great 2017 too!
NEWS2017 will see Ovidia’s first steps into British publishing. Given her love of mysteries started with Agatha Christie, this feels very special indeed.
“Meddling and Murder” An Aunty Lee Mystery will be published by Harper Collins, UK.
The Frangipani Tree Mystery, first in Ovidia’s new Crown Colony Crime series set in pre-World War II Singapore, will be published by Constable in June.
Biar putih tulang, jangan putih mata — death before dishonour When 13,000 Japanese troops landed in North-West Singapore, Lieutenant Adnan Saidi and 1,400 Malay Regiment soldiers held them off for two days without back up or supplies in the Battle of Opium Hill. When...
I found a fun book in the library this week—The Infographic Guide to Literature by Joanna Eliot . Especially liked Miss Marple’s body count… And this—that’s helping me work out who’s who and doing what in the Mahabharata! Reading: The Infographic Guide to Literature...
I love snails. Beautiful creatures with their hard but-oh-so-easily crushed shells. Snail mate! (Sorry, had to say it) In a patch of (I think) button weed. I love those little purple flowers too. And here’s another delicate little land snail In the meantime, the...