Thank you for visiting.
I’m looking forward to 2017 and trying to do all I can to make this a good year. For me ‘good’ means lots of reading and writing along with lots of learning and growing. This website is my way of trying to keep track of all that.
I’ve worked out 17 habits/rituals that I hope will see me through this year:
- No stress, no guilt
- Do my best and let go
- Meditate (Using Insight Timer)
- Read (at least 30 min daily)
- Swim (try for 20 laps weekly)
- Write (Using Magic Spreadsheet for accountability and motivation)
- Yoga (hoping WoYoPracMo in January will start me off right)
- Focus, Don’t Multitask
- No electronics after 10pm
- Morning pages (Using 750 Words)
- Walk 10,000 steps (Using Fitbit, Walking4Fun, Zombies! Run to keep me moving. Yes, I finding this difficult!)
- Set 3 ‘it will be a great day if I accomplish this’ goals daily
- Record 3 things I am grateful for every night
- Note something I could do better
- Daily Dog Time
- Daily time with my turtles, fish and plants
- Daily free time
It sounds like a lot. But these are all things that are important to me right now. And while some of my targets look laughably low (only reading 30 minutes a day?) I’m hoping this will make sure I get at least 30 minutes of reading every day!
If you have any comments, it’s easiest to reach me at my Facebook Author page (the link is at the top right of this page) I look forward to hearing your plans for the year and any comments on my books and I hope you all have a great 2017 too!
NEWS2017 will see Ovidia’s first steps into British publishing. Given her love of mysteries started with Agatha Christie, this feels very special indeed.
“Meddling and Murder” An Aunty Lee Mystery will be published by Harper Collins, UK.
The Frangipani Tree Mystery, first in Ovidia’s new Crown Colony Crime series set in pre-World War II Singapore, will be published by Constable in June.
It was a pretty good weekend, even though we had moments of wishing we were back in Hawaii... in a fantasy resort full of books and writers where dogs never get old... yes, I did say 'fantasy'. But now that both Princess and Hermione seem better I'm glad to be home...
This time next week I’ll be in Honolulu for Left Coast Crime! Part of me is so excited—my first time ever in Hawaii, meeting up with old friends and meeting new writers and readers and I love hotels. Another part is stressed… Hermione hasn’t done a poo in two days....
It's March! It feels like I've been staying home writing so long that even a trip to the dentist is an event! This was my pre-Hawaii trip (always get a check up before traveling!) and all's good here... I love my new 'home' station, BeautyWorld on the Downtown Line...